Zehra Taskin, PhD is a researcher at the Scholarly Research Group (SCRG) of Adam Mickiewicz University and an associate professor at the Department of Information Management (iSchool) of Hacettepe University (Turkey). Her main research interests are research/er performance evaluations, bibliometrics, data visualization, research data management, scholarly communication, and social network analysis. Taşkın’s M.A. thesis proposed a solution to the problem of standardization of university affiliations in the citation indexes, and she designed a content-based citation analysis model for the Turkish Language with her doctoral dissertation. As a researcher at the SCRG, she is currently working on qualitative analysis of Polish, English and Turkish language citations to improve research evaluation systems. Also, she researches self-citations, journal evaluation systems, predatory journals and multilingualism in science in collaboration with SCRG.
Taşkın’s works have been published in prestigious journals in information science such as Journal of Informetrics and Scientometrics. In addition to many studies in the national and international literature, she has written papers on scholarly communication in popular science journals. She worked for the editorial board of the Turkish Librarianship journal between 2013-2019. She serves on the peer-reviewer boards of various national and international journals. Taşkın has been involved in various projects. She was the PI of the project entitled “Creating content-based citation analysis system for English and Polish”, which is funded by the Polish National Agency for Scientific Exchange (2019-2021). Also, she worked on projects funded by NASA Astrobiology Institute and Tokyo Institute of Technology, Earth-Life Science Institute. She also played active roles in TÜBİTAK (The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey) projects and the Libraries for Everyone project, which is funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Taşkın, Z., Doğan, G., Kulczycki, E. & Zuccala, A.A. (2021). Self-citation patterns of journals indexed in the Journal Citation Reports. Journal of Informetrics, 15(4). Doi: 10.1016/j.joi.2021.101221
- Kulczycki, E., Hołowiecki, M. Taşkın, Z. & Krawczyk, F. (2021). Citation patterns between impact-factor and questionable journals. Scientometrics, 126, 8541-8560. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11192-021-04121-8.
- Taşkın, Z. (2021). Forecasting the future of library and information science and its sub-fields. Scientometrics, 126, 1527–1551. Doi: 10.1007/s11192-020-03800-2
- Taşkın, Z. & Al, U. (2018). A content-based citation analysis study based on text categorization. Scientometrics, 114(1), 335-357. Doi: 10.1007/s11192-017-2560-2
- Taşkın, Z. & Aydinoglu, A.U. (2015). Collaborative interdisciplinary astrobiology research: a bibliometric study of the NASA Astrobiology Institute. Scientometrics, 103(3), 1003-1022. Doi: 10.1007/s11192-015-1576-8
- Taşkın, Z. & Al, U. (2014). Standardization problem of author affiliations in citation indexes. Scientometrics, 98(1), 347-368. Doi: 10.1007/s11192-013-1004-x
For a full list of publications, please visit http://zehrataskin.com