The aim of this project is to investigate the excellence patterns of Polish scholars in all domains of science and art. We will analyze their output from the 2009–2016 period. This project is being conducted by the West Pomeranian University of Technology, Szczecin in conjunction with two partners, i.e. the Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń and the Academy of Art in Szczecin. The project commenced in October 2017 and will be finished by October 2019.
Emanuel Kulczycki, Ewa Rozkosz, and Aneta Drabek are Investigators in the project.
- To analyze the excellence patterns of Polish scholars in all domains of science and art. For this purpose we will use data from the results of the Comprehensive Evaluation of Scientific Units published in 2017.
- To identify the challenges of a new model of research evaluation in Poland. Thus, we will focus on the potential problems that could occur when the unit of analysis is understood as a scientific or artistic discipline.
- To present an effective workflow for publishers. Therefore, we will recommend how to create good metadata and use persistent identifiers.
- To analyze Polish scientific journals and investigate how these journals can adapt to digital publishing.
- To create a model of automation of data flows for universities. This model will allow universities to provide data to the new research evaluation system.
- To conduct a pilot study assessing societal impact within the new model of research evaluation in Poland.
The project is financed by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education in Poland (DIALOG programme).